Are powder blue dwarf gouramis plant safe?

I recently converted my tank to a planted tank. I noticed that the powder blue dg’s are always pecking at the rotala that is found magically floating at the tip of the tank each morning. The ones in the gravel are getting nibbled down to the stocks. Could the dwarf gouramis be the culprit? Some of the new leaves on my Amazon sword are also looking chewed on

My powder blue gourami is always picking at plants in the tank. However, never seen any marks that would indicate they are doing damage to the plant. I also have rotala and never encountered they digging it up. What other fish or shrimp you have in the tank? 

Powder Gouramis look cool with there blue coloring but in opinion i think they are fish of destruction! They will eat your plants and harm your fish. It really depends what other fish you have but if you have small fish like guppy's, neon tetras, cardinal tetras etc. they will harm and most times kill them. The best fish to have with them are fish that are about the same size and that are semi aggressive.

Still having an issue with the small plants getting pulled out and eaten. Just the very fine ones. Not sure what it is, but purchased at my local petco in the gel tubs. Was listed as a rotala, but seems to be a low ground cover. Will try to get the plant to establish or end up moving it to a new 10gal I just set up, see photo

A1F3F2A8-CAF7-4699-A7CB-22E2F6AE9C80.jpeg