walker

Hi to everyone Happy St. Patty's Day.  I finished 5 days of treatment for Ich with Ich-X yesterday.I think its Ich.  Posting a picture of when I started and now.  Should I do another round?  I am going to turn up temp has been set at 80 but gets cold in my house at night.  My water parameters have been the same, Nitrates 20-40, Nitrites 0, Hardiness soft, Chlorine 0, alkalinity low, PH seems to be more 6.2 than 6.4 before.  Still struggling with plants, now fish.  I have 2 snails and 2 Corydora.  They are all active and eating.  Betta chases Cory's constantly when food is around.  😒

Any suggestions are appreciated.  

BC1D01E7-3AD9-4500-8537-64F1E6B8FD07.jpeg

255AB28D-F8BA-43FA-BF36-575B5E7ABAF5.jpeg

It could just be the photo, but I don't see Ich on that fish. It would look like grains of sand/salt stuck to the fish that you feel like you could just brush off. Thru the course of the 5 days you would see more ich, and different arrangements of dots. I don't know what is going on, but I would guess "something else"--possibly a bacterial or fungal infection if the pinkish spots look like wounds--and second the idea of adding crushed coral due to low pH. Maybe another photo?

Edited by Brandy
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Brandy said:

It could just be the photo, but I don't see Ich on that fish. It would look like grains of sand/salt stuck to the fish that you feel like you could just brush off. Thru the course of the 5 days you would see more ich, and different arrangements of dots. I don't know what is going on, but I would guess "something else"--possibly a bacterial or fungal infection if the pinkish spots look like wounds--and second the idea of adding crushed coral due to low pH. Maybe another photo?

This is ich... day 2 and it got way worse... hope I done loose this one...

0448FB63-3436-4273-873B-37A0D0E7B605.jpeg

21 minutes ago, ScottEsh said:

This is ich... day 2 and it got way worse... hope I done loose this one...

Yes, that is it. I hope you don't either!

2 hours ago, walker said:

I will try to get another photo.  But can you recommend anything for fungal infections?

Maracyn is good for bacteria, Salt or IchX are good to try for suspected fungus. Keep in mind it can be both and they are hard to tell apart. If you are not sure of the disease Salt is great for bettas--some fish are sensitve, but bettas are pretty happy in salt.