Beta lost fins overnight.... very concerned....

ScottEsh

Yesterday our beta fish was doing awesome in his new tank.... but overnight something happened to him. There is only 1 Oci cat.. in the tank. 
His tail is almost completely gone. Like ripped off..

Please help us... he was such a pretty fish... 

we just built a new tank for him... and hoping it’s not the tank...

D71FFF63-8A31-438A-8888-B8FE4BA29837.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Colu said:

Is they anything he could have damage his on  in the tank such as filter intake if sharp stones or wood

Not that I see... only one place and I re adjusted the stones so he can’t get in by mistake...

10 minutes ago, Colu said:

That looks like it has injured it's self looking at the pictures my suspicion would be the wood I would treat with maracyn he could get bacterial or fungal infection on the tail monitor closely till it starts to recover

Ok how long do you think it will take? Also what about the hanging portion of the fin?

Just now, Colu said:

The hanging part of the fin might drop of over time the most important thing is to keep stress to a minimum and good water conditions and treat maracyn to provent bacterial infection it could take a couple of weeks to heal fully

Should I follow the treatment instructions on the box for 6 days? Also should I add another cover to the outputs to make it a real calm tank?