10 Gallon Nano Community Ideas

Eddie Dingle

Hello everyone, I'll be setting up a new heavily planted 10 gallon aquarium over the next few days, while I wait for the plants to grow in I figured we could brainstorm on what I could stock the aquarium with. I have neutral water that is moderately hard, I'd like to keep species that can thrive in temperatures in the mid 70s to help with plant growth. My intetial idea is 8ish exclamation point rasbora, 2 scarlet badis and 3ish stone cat fish. Maybe some dwarf shrimp too, but if they get ate by the fish it's not a big deal since I have a thriving colony in another aquarium. I'd love to hear any suggestions or ideas you have for a 10 gallon nano community. Thank you in advance. 

9 hours ago, Eddie Dingle said:

Hello everyone, I'll be setting up a new heavily planted 10 gallon aquarium over the next few days, while I wait for the plants to grow in I figured we could brainstorm on what I could stock the aquarium with. I have neutral water that is moderately hard, I'd like to keep species that can thrive in temperatures in the mid 70s to help with plant growth. My intetial idea is 8ish exclamation point rasbora, 2 scarlet badis and 3ish stone cat fish. Maybe some dwarf shrimp too, but if they get ate by the fish it's not a big deal since I have a thriving colony in another aquarium. I'd love to hear any suggestions or ideas you have for a 10 gallon nano community. Thank you in advance. 

Pygmy corydoras (Corydoras pygmaeus) would be a great option. Get a school of around 6 or more of those. They don't eat shrimp either. Other dwarf cory species include C. hastatus and C. habrosus.