Lava Snail (Faunus Ater) - Plant Safe?

twodaend

I was looking for an alternative to the Malaysian Trumpet Snail as I did not want to be overrun with snails.  The Lava Snail AKA Black Devil Spike Snail is larger, but from what I understand is similar to Nerite Snails in which it can only reproduce in brackish water.  However, what I don't know is how are they with plants.  I have an Amazon Sword, a few Crypts and Vallisneria.  I am looking to get 1 maybe 2 for my 75 gallon to stir up the sand.

I have two in a tank with just plecos, I had them first in my heavily planted tank and they were behaving like a proverbial demolition crew with the Cryptocoryne parva, and Staurogyne repens; so after they obviously begged for a change of scenery I transferred them to the pleco tank. Most of the time they hang out on on the glass, from what I can tell they don't do much soil aerating even though I have very light aquatic Amazon soft belly soil in the tank. I have yet to see them entering, or emerging from the soil, except for one time when the Ancistrus had gotten annoyed with them for going after his spirulina wafers and buried them in an avalanche of soil. Don't think they'd provide much help stirring up sand.