125 Gallon Light Suggestions

COMPNOR

Hello, happy Saturday!

I have one of those 125 gallon kits from Petsmart, and am looking to upgrade the LED lights that came with it.  My tank is currently central/south american cichlids.  I am looking at the Fluval Aquasky 2.0s, mainly because i can get them in person.  Because of the length I am guessing 2 of the 36" ones to be able to light the whole tank? Or would I be better of with three 24" models?

Or is there a different light I should get?  

Thanks in advance.

In-kit lights do tend to be dim or very spotlight-y. Manufacturers saving a buck.

Based on some quick math you'll get exactly the same number and power of LEDs going with 3x 24"s as you will 2x36"s. So for easier setup and cabling I'd get the dual 36"s 

3 hours ago, quikv6 said:

I recently bought the same kit. I haven't set it up yet, but was just curious your thoughts on the stand. it feels sturdy enough....but man, I am having a hard time coming to terms with putting 1,300 pounds on particleboard.

I've had it up since September 2020.  I hear as long as you wipe it down if it gets wet it does its job.  I'd like to think that if it was truly an issue they wouldn't be selling them.... I've also thought about trying to reinforce it with some 2x or 1x lumber.

I guess time will tell.