Need some help and sorry for the extended story:

I currently run a tank with the following 10 crypt wendettii, 15ish clumps of val, 2 small sword plants 6 small anubias nana petite clumps, 1 struggling bolbitus heuduloti, 4 struggling Java fern, 1 small clump of hydrocoytle tripartia, 2 clumps of struggling Montecarlo, 1 small red tiger lotus, and finally 4 small water lettuce bunches.

The tank is a 40 gallon breeder that is used as a grow out tank for my 2 polypterus, my pair of angels, pair of kribs and 2 siamese algae eaters. The fish will be going into a 210 gallon once it's been set-up. The lighting is a 48 inch fluval 3.0 with the attached image. 

The fertilization schedule is Sunday and Friday 8 pumps of easy green and 2 caps of api leaf zone.  And Wednesday 4 pumps of easy green. And I run a tetra whisper 75HOB. With all of that my Nitrates consistently read at 0ppm! And battling bba and brown diatom algae constantly. I know that the balance is off because of my Nitrates levels but I have no clue how to fix it. Can anyone help?

Screenshot_20210223-094610_FluvalSmart.jpg

9 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

I get that bit is the intensity really that strong with a fluval though. I've had the bba problem even before the fluval 3.0 when I was using tubes. Nitrates still read as 0.

Because your ntirates are so low, its probably the light that is inbalanced. You could also try to do a massive waterchange and leave the lights out for a couple days, it really helped with me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, James Black said:

Because your ntirates are so low, its probably the light that is inbalanced. You could also try to do a massive waterchange and leave the lights out for a couple days, it really helped with me.

Do you run w/o co2?