Neon Tetra Mouth rot, fin rot? And ich...not sure what to do

FishMama

Nitrate : 0

ammonia: 0

nitrite:0

10 gallon tank

when I bought home the neon tetra I notice one them didn’t have a bottom jaw, he died shortly after, then noticed 2 other tetra also had it and they died, out of 9 neon 4 died.  They are in a tank with 2 glo tetras.  I started Maracyn treatment and didn’t treat ich until after the 1 course, but noticed they now have fin rot.  Finished 2nd course of maracyn not much change.  Not sure what else to do.  

This is my hospital tank not sure if I should sterilize the tank or what other steps I should take.  I tried the soak method for 4 days.  First photo is the no bottom jaw pic, last photo is most recent.

71B67244-177E-4761-B7E7-1EA62DB4328D.jpeg

955000D1-1D85-4A1E-B54A-EB01E344E2BF.jpeg

Edited by FishMama

1 minute ago, FishMama said:

It is an established tank i turned into a hospital tank when we bought a 55 gallon tank.  The ich is not completely gone but I can continue to do water changes.  How long will it take before it resolves typically?

I feel the tank is uncycled. In between turning it into a quarantine tank, was the filter media still running in a tank with fish or was it put into storage?

I dealt with ich through increasing the temperature to 29/30C for 14 days. I lost no fish this way. Ich is a slow killer so you do have a window from when your first see it and your fish die from it. 

For fin rot, there is no real set time. It can be quick, it can be long.

The tank wasn’t put in storage.  It has been cycling with fish as we have been adding fish slowly to the display tank.  But it does bring up the question about my water test, I used the api strips.  Let me test with the API test kit.