Kribensis Female? Sick?

Sunny Doan

Hi so I bought a pair of Kribs off of aquabid around a few weeks ago. Yesterday the female? I’m not quiet sure. But she was resting on the bottom hiding behind the plants and when I approached the tank I noticed she was doing this wriggling movement. When the other Kribensis can by and attached her she was trying to fend off but kept doing this weird wriggling the looks like an alien was stuck inside. Her movement for the rest of that day was almost twitchy, a side to side motion. She wasn’t swimming around happily as she did the day before but instead she was lying on the bottom clamped fins and almost leaning in one direction? I don’t remember. But she was definitely lying on the bottom. I did a big water change later that day and today she is now huddled up on the heater clamped fins still and she’s trying to stay in the same position. If I go up to the heater to try to take a picture she swims away and comes back to her spot. Any help to what diseases? Illnesses? Or what I have done wrong? I indeed made a mistake of not quarantining with meds as I didn’t have enough money at the time to restock on meds. But as of now is there any meds that I should try?

I’ve really liked this fish she was always so colorful and now the male has seemed to color up a bit of yellow now too. And I really hope I did not mess up and I hope that they’ll survive.

The only major thing I’ve done to the tank is removed all the duckweed. I did this because I was having an issue with aphids and I kept the duckweed in the tank in a net while I was getting rid of any new aphids that were popping up there were so many I just threw it out into my pond

• Administrators

Do you happen to have a QT tank? I'd put 1 tablespoon of salt per 2 gallons and keep the temp at 80 degrees, with a cave like a coconut hut or something and see if she can recover. For sure she is at least stressed right now, could she be getting aggression from the male?

1 minute ago, Cory said:

Do you happen to have a QT tank? I'd put 1 tablespoon of salt per 2 gallons and keep the temp at 80 degrees, with a cave like a coconut hut or something and see if she can recover. For sure she is at least stressed right now, could she be getting aggression from the male?

I have epsom salt but would I need some aquarium salt? I have a small tote that I can fill with water as a qt tank for now. I’m not sure if it’s the male he hasn’t really been chasing her. Just up till a few days ago she was more aggressive towards him if he ever got too close

1 hour ago, Cory said:

I’d recommend aquarium salt as it looks like her find at beat up a bit. 

Im not sure if this is ripped fins or any other signs of sickness but I've noticed there's this white almost like fluff hanging off the rays of her fins looks ripped

68F991FC-4183-4A53-8701-408C7640238A.jpeg

Edited by Sunny Doan