White protrusion and dark spot on side of Rummynose

Christina1973

HI, 

My fish previously had ich and then some sort of secondary condition.  One died of ich and then another from the secondary infection.  I don't have access to the meds available in the US.  So I used API Super Ich to treat it.  No other fish got ich, a week or 2 later I noticed some whiteness/dullness in another fish and instantly treated it with Tetra Ich guard later realizing it was not ich.  I was then recommended to treat with API Fungal cure, which did nothing.  Lost a second fish.  A few weeks later, I notice another fish is dull, but this time it has a white protrusion at the side and a darker area.  I have been treating the tank with API paraguard for just over a white with no changes.  Unfortunately my Hospital tank has Rainbow fish in it, so I have been treating my main tank (they are new).  The main tank only has 6 Rummynose, 45 gallon.  It is fully cycled and the parameters have been very stable. What can this be?  Can it be an internal parasite?  It is a slender fish.  It is active, but definitely swims on its own a lot, but does join the group at times.  It seems to be eating well.  Feeling pretty tired of trying to figure it out.  I know I can treat it with salt (next step I think), but I really want to know what it can be.  The photos are terrible, this guy does not stop!  This is a screen shot from a video.  You can see there is a little white protrusion at the side, this is the only one.  There are no other spots like ich.  Insight into what it may be?  

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 8.09.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 8.10.49 PM.png

Edited by Christina1973
added key words