moving a 2 yr old planted tank

Lemon

hey everyone 

so we are renovating but for the renovation we are getting rid of the counter with my 10 gallon planted tank that is using built in vanity lighting  

so i want to know 

will there be issues with switching lights? planning to use these: https://www.amazon.com/Hygger-Spectrum-Extendable-Controller-Freshwater/dp/B07X9T9PV6/ref=asc_df_B07X9T9PV6/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=385172485852&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=507080973190739354&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026082&hvtargid=pla-891448470877&ref=&adgrpid=80205419882&th=1

i'm switching out my sand for eco complete by caribsea with cap of of peace river grave, and moon light sand they are all on liveaquaria if you want to check them out

what should i know about switching substrates plant wise? i've never had to use root tabs because the tank is 2 yrs old and the sand has never been cleaned except for the top

best ways to eliminate/reduce fish stress? currently have 4 neon tetras and 3 pygmy cories i plan to up the school once the tank has been set up in the new place for awhile

i'm changing out the sponge filters for aquarium co op one because i'm tired of using suction cups will be running the new filter in tank prior moving it

sorry if this was confusing 🙂

i dont think you will have any problems with any of it. since you are changing sponge filters, i would put the new one in the tank for a week or so to let it grow its own beneficial bacteria. that way when you tear it all down and change the substrate you have a seeded filter to plunk right into it so you dont lose your whole nitrogen cycle etc..

1 minute ago, lefty o said:

i dont think you will have any problems with any of it. since you are changing sponge filters, i would put the new one in the tank for a week or so to let it grow its own beneficial bacteria. that way when you tear it all down and change the substrate you have a seeded filter to plunk right into it so you dont lose your whole nitrogen cycle etc..

so i should run the current filter in the new tank? to help with the gravel along side the new filter which will be running in tank prior to moving the tank