Favorite local fish store?

Justnotrook

Not really a "store", per se...but my good buddy ran a fish farm in South Florida for 20yrs. Not only did they have dozens & dozens of tanks in a warehouse (full of crazy oddball fish from the owner's expeditions around the world) but also several acres of in ground ponds full of exotics! It was all fresh spring water constantly circulating & out into fruit orchards. You could actually get in the huge ponds & swim with a couple hundred of these! 

df8e84c860d9bd4c9fbdbfa3ea17454e.jpg.f175655be1cf645995144ee4420916c8.jpg

• Love 2

On 9/28/2024 at 1:15 PM, Ninjoma said:

Aquarium Zen in Seattle is my favorite fish store local to me.

I just looked that up and that is the best freshwater fish store I have ever seen. It has some amazing aquascapes and the beautiful rimless ADA tanks. If I ever go to Seattle I’ll make sure to check it out.

• Like 1

I have never been to a lfs before since I’m not aware of any that are any where near me. I do however have a mom and pop pet store I visit fair regularly. It’s not the greatest place to buy fish but most fish they have are healthy and they can bring in fish they don’t normally carry if you call them Tuesday morning. Also I’m pretty sure someone local has been bringing them extra plants since plants aren’t normally something they sell.