Greatest frustration in your tanks?

On 9/28/2024 at 3:10 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

Algae💩mainly stupid cyano!

Also test kits not matching up - aka nitrate on a test strip showing 20 and 40 on a liquid test kit. Drives me nuts bc I don’t know which to trust!

Wanting bigger tanks… but also wanting smaller tanks… but they have to be rimless and low iron because it’s fAnCiEr🤓

I agree. I bought a Topfin test strip kit and the PH between it and the liquid test from API is between acidic (6.5) and alkaline (7.5). What gives?? I went and bought the API Master Kit, and I'm inclined to trust it more than the strips. Turns out the strips seem to be wrong...

• Like 1

Biggest frustration:  How to balance an aquarium

One of the most common suggestions is add more plants.  I also think that I am doing it correctly, but the plants disagree.

On 9/28/2024 at 10:49 AM, Beach Cruiser said:

For me it's not having a definitive answer/resolution to plant compatibility with tank conditions. Every parameter i can currently test for is supposedly near perfect for what i want to grow, yet some "super easy, grows like a weed even in a neglected dungeon" plants simply just will NOT grow for me, floating or planted.

I'm considering trying to grow algae.  That is probably the easiest way to remove it from my tanks.  My 'dungeon' has bladder snails, 14 hours of light and nothing else. I can grow Wisteria and PSO there, but not in any of the tanks that I actually take care of.

On 9/28/2024 at 4:35 PM, JoeQ said:

The other thing that grinds my gears is unruly fish that eat my plants when I don't feed them enough, or uproot plants while in territorial disputes! 

My 'peaceful' TFBs don't like company and will actively seek out plants growing on the other side of the fence.  If they can snag a leaf they will try to pull the entire plant through.

The Silver Dollars finally ate the last plant in their tank.  It was PLASTIC!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2