mid/top dwellers for 20 gallon long?

i'm set on 6 corys and a bolivian ram so far... i gotta pick mid/top dwellers that would vibe well, but i can't make up my mind.

so far i've looked at:

• zebra/leopard danios

• platys

• emerald dwarf rasbora

• glowlight danios

• chili rasbora

• rummynose tetras

• green neon tetras

• marbled hatchetfish

the tank needs to be at around 75F, is heavily planted, and is low-flow (sponge filter).

Edited by grimchiroptera

I just wanted to comment that I had two glowfish Danios. They were beautiful until they both jumped out of the tank. They found the tiniest hole and I found them dead on the counter the next morning. By contrast, I have a couple glowfish Black Skirt Tetras that are beautiful and they stay pretty much in the mid range.

Why does it need to be 75°?

That's on the low end for rams. When you say you're set on them does that mean you already have then or you definitely want them?

Do you have a lid on your tank? 

Hatchet fish definitely need a lid or they'll jump. 

In my opinion, I wouldn't go with rasboras unless you plan to get a lot of them. They're small and won't stand out much in a tank that size.

Glowlight danios would be a cool choice. But their temp range doesn't really line up with rams.

If you go with platies make sure you have a plan for all the babies.

I had pearl danios (similar temperament to zebras) with albino corys years ago when I was in high school. I lost a couple cories to starvation-the danios were stealing the bottom feeder tablets off the bottom and nibbling them so the corys weren't getting enough to eat. I would never keep danios with corys again. Several years ago, I kept lambchop rasboras and glowlight tetras with panda corys with great success! I'd definitely recommend either of those species. 

I recently got my first platy, who's living with my mystery snails. She enthusiastically nibbles the sinking Hikari crab cuisine that's for the snails. I was hoping to have corys in the new platy tank I'm setting up, but having seen her appetite, I can't do it. I'd worry too much about them not getting a chance to eat.

Edited by r_e_g

My cherry barbs and Bolivians do fabulous together. They live with Pseudomugil gertrudae Aru II which is a mid/upper level dweller. 
Another option is Pseudomugil Luminatus for a brilliant orange color pop. 
Daisys ricefish also a beautiful orange and Youkihi ricefish for a creamy pop are mostly mid upper level. 
My Emerald dwarfs are low level dwellers. Rarely more than 4 inches from substrate. 

• Love 1