Stocking Thoughts

On 8/29/2024 at 9:20 AM, beastie said:

For me only WCMM dont live as long in temps above 25°C and no betta can handle temps below 25°C .

Honestly those were the 2 I was iffy on in the 55 so I might move those but the bettas I currently have are doing fine in tanks at around 74°F (23°C) have had them for about a year.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2024 at 10:24 AM, Andrew Puhr said:

Honestly those were the 2 I was iffy on in the 55 so I might move those but the bettas I currently have are doing fine in tanks at around 74°F (23°C) have had them for about a year.

would up the temp to at least 77 degrees, the lower the temp, the lower your bettas immune system can fight illness.

might be fine now but in future it can lead to issues. And WCMMs life span shortens in warmer temps btw.

Edited by Whitecloud09
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2024 at 10:39 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

would up the temp to at least 77 degrees, the lower the temp, the lower your bettas immune system can fight illness. imo

might be fine now but in future it can lead to issues. And WCMMs life span shortens in warmer temps btw.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

For the 75g. Chances are you're going to have at least 2 breeding pair. Which sounds great (and can be okay, Sometimes). Angles can be like any other cichlid and get very aggressive. I have that kind of set-up currently. I have 2 confirmed male and 3 juveniles currently. Partially because I had to remove a breeding pair of marbled because the male got hyper aggressive. Claimed over half the tank as his and kept everybody else out. Unless you were another angel, then there wasn't a safe space in the tank. Now, I also had another 2 pair of koi in that group, not much problem. So, it's just a guess as to what you end up with. My marbled are now in their own breeding tank to keep everyone else safe.

Current 75g stocking for me. 5 angels, 13 red tail rasboras, 4 praecox rainbows, 6 skunk corys, 1 blue acara, 1 smiling cichlid Laetacara araguaia

• Like 1