Black neon tetra… eggs? Disease?

clownbaby

Okay I know nothing about fish breeding lol. But tonight when I was feeding my fish I noticed my girl Alice had this weird thing hanging off of her and it looked a lot like an egg sac. Is that what this is? I haven’t done anything too different, recently increased the water flow and they have had an abundance of live foods recently but nothing else. There r two males in the tank so it’s not out of the question. My only other thought was this was some kind of bump or tumor or growth or whatnot… obviously I hope it’s not. These were the best pictures I could get of her 

it is semi transparent with small white dots on it, like snail eggs

IMG_4890.jpeg.04ede8746c447f2c8969d0609d864f43.jpegIMG_4885.jpeg.2a7607ec7e5714ce10de2ceb6bdfd3d7.jpeg

On 8/17/2024 at 10:21 PM, clownbaby said:

Okay I know nothing about fish breeding lol. But tonight when I was feeding my fish I noticed my girl Alice had this weird thing hanging off of her and it looked a lot like an egg sac. Is that what this is? I haven’t done anything too different, recently increased the water flow and they have had an abundance of live foods recently but nothing else. There r two males in the tank so it’s not out of the question. My only other thought was this was some kind of bump or tumor or growth or whatnot… obviously I hope it’s not. These were the best pictures I could get of her 

it is semi transparent with small white dots on it, like snail eggs

IMG_4890.jpeg.04ede8746c447f2c8969d0609d864f43.jpegIMG_4885.jpeg.2a7607ec7e5714ce10de2ceb6bdfd3d7.jpeg

The neon tetra is a egg scattering specie. Don't have a clue on what that is. @clownbaby

The picture quality not the best could be a prolapse for that you would want to do epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant to help your fish reabsorb the prolapse you want to use plain unsented epsom @clownbaby

• Like 1