Cory damage or something else?

mjg87

Noticed these markings on new corys in our new tank. Doesn’t appear to be acting any differently than the others. Was transferring and one of them got stuck in the net and fell out into the bucket that was catching the LFS water. Wondering if this is that particular Cory. If so, any particular remedies or anything I should be keeping an eye out for?

IMG_8840.jpeg

IMG_8839.jpeg

IMG_8838.jpeg

Not sure exactly what you are trying to point out here. Are you referring to the altered pattern on the front Corydoras, left side, behind and above the pectoral fins?

If they're new to you, I doubt that anything you are observing is a result of your care. Fish often display problems of all sorts from their life prior to reaching our aquariums. For example, I bought a few Discus for ca. $25 /ea (very cheap). Each has minor damage -- some from injuries, others congenital -- that rendered the fish sub-optimal. I loved them all, but a discriminating Discus enthusiast would have seen the issues...

Here's big-blue's "good eye" . . .

B48AA522-A3C4-48DC-AFB8-914DE4292693.jpe

Here's his "bad-eye" (look closely where it's wrinkle / notched) . . .

3B30A611-4525-4484-B5A7-6C43BEBA2FFF.jpe

He's still living a full life -- albeit now in a friend's aquarium. That's just how things go with many of the fish we acquire. If you want near-perfect fish, breed and raise them yourself.

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 1

Seems ok to me.  A lot of corydoras have some iridescence there in those locations.  I don't know if it's any sort of issue, but just keep an eye out on it and keep an eye out for things like fin rot and any other symptoms that might crop up.  The fish should recover, keep the tank clean and keep up with maintenance.

• Thanks 1