24" ONF Flat One Plus Light good for 30" planted aquarium?

Hi all, 
Currently looking for a better lighting solution for my 20 gal long tank. I currently have 2 aquatop MAQ-MINI 10" lights and have vallisneria, hornwort, myrio, anubias, and eleocharis parvulus. Save for the DHG, pretty low requirement plants. I recently started up a 10 gal tank however, and thought it the perfect opportunity to delegate these cheaper lights to that tank and to upgrade my 20 gal. 

I found a good condition 24" ONF Flat One Plus for $170 and wondering if this is a solid light? Haven't heard anything about the company before. Is the light big enough? I think 24" should be enough to cover the whole tank. I'd also like some wiggle room for when I decide to put in some more demanding plants. 

IMG_3370.JPG

On 8/11/2024 at 2:15 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

PAR

On 8/11/2024 at 2:15 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

PAR

I have searched the internet for PAR numbers for this unit and can't find any. Do you happen to know where i can get a ball park on PAR readings for it?

On 8/11/2024 at 3:53 PM, tike said:

I have searched the internet for PAR numbers for this unit and can't find any. Do you happen to know where i can get a ball park on PAR readings for it?

I don’t. Many pass on it because it’s more on the medium PAR side at an expensive price point. It’s a good light, but if it’s used, I would pass.

On 8/11/2024 at 6:03 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

I don’t. Many pass on it because it’s more on the medium PAR side at an expensive price point. It’s a good light, but if it’s used, I would pass.

Even at $120 not worth it? 

On 8/12/2024 at 1:02 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

How many hours did they use it for?

about 6 months they said, so if it was around 8 hours a day about 1,440 hours. They advertise a 50,000 hour life

On 8/12/2024 at 11:04 AM, umi said:

about 6 months they said, so if it was around 8 hours a day about 1,440 hours. They advertise a 50,000 hour life

120, get it. Have them turn it on, wear sunglasses and make sure all the diodes are on and no flicker.

On 8/12/2024 at 1:22 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

120, get it. Have them turn it on, wear sunglasses and make sure all the diodes are on and no flicker.

Best they could do is $150, I passed. For that much I could get a twinstar 900s. App control will be missed though...

On 8/12/2024 at 11:26 AM, umi said:

Best they could do is $150, I passed. For that much I could get a twinstar 900s. App control will be missed though...

Twinstar is a solid light. Uses some white diodes but will grow pretty much anything and have good contrast with just a bit of yellow hue. 

Look a weekaqua L series. Everything you want at a price that’s competitive. Aquarockscolorada has them.

What length do you need?

Posted (edited)
On 8/12/2024 at 1:27 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

Twinstar is a solid light. Uses some white diodes but will grow pretty much anything and have good contrast with just a bit of yellow hue. 

Look a weekaqua L series. Everything you want at a price that’s competitive. Aquarockscolorada has them.

What length do you need?

the tank is 30" long, so between 24-30" ideally. I've heard great things about chihiros but only their WRGB II pro line, which is way out of my budget. What about their other series, like the A? Or the twinstar E/C lines? These naming schemes are ridiculously elaborate and confusing.

Found a fluval 3.0 24-36" or chihiros wrgb 2 60cm near me. Fluval used in new condition for $100, chihiros new condition for $180. Not sure which is a better for the money. Im sure both are good enough for my current plants, but if I ever plan to do more high-tech plants? 

Edited by umi