Before and after

Share pictures of your aquarium makeovers!

Here's mine:

20240716_224920.jpg.a876fef0dd71cc5c9ede6594ad124c93.jpg20240730_200848.jpg.b91aab70eb5da4854079391bcfe8db23.jpg

First picture: I didn't have enough material to aquascape so I just threw things together

Second picture: after finally finding enough materials via Facebook marketplace for many months because ain't nobody got enough money to buy rocks and stones for a 60 gallons 😅

• Like 4
  • Love 2

On 7/31/2024 at 9:18 PM, Scaperoot said:

It's amazing to see what a difference the new stones make. This is very impressive! I love the arch in the center. It really draws the eye. What size is the tank? 

I know right!

There is also a lot more woodscape, first picture is a bit lacking in all departments bc its quite empty and I still tried my best to fill it haha.

It's 225L or approximately 60 gallons. The dimensions are 110cm x 45cm x 45cm, Google tells me it's 43' x 18' in inches

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 7/31/2024 at 11:07 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

My 20g, changing within a month. And now I have 6 pandas in there too!

98232464-3E1F-4D8B-9715-917377CAE1E5.jpeg

ABD430D6-3974-4A67-977C-524B3AB50F7E.jpeg

That's really pretty! Also, I love panda corys!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2024 at 7:37 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Thank you! I think so too.

You should get like a colony of shrimps of a really contrasting color to make em' pop. Maybe red neocaridina or crystal red? 😀

• Love 1

About to change this one up.

This is my 5 gallon betta tank. Originally I loved it because it was my first scape but I kind of just put random plants in there to grow. I recently scaped a 10 gallon that I like better. So now I want to rescape this one. 
the red root floaters have darkened the entire tank so I am thinking about replacing the rocks I have with some white ones and taking all the plants out and putting java fern or another leafy plant all along the back. I am keeping the drift wood as it is because that was the inspiration for the tank in the first place. Any other suggestions? 
IMG_0047.jpeg.42f6b30b20bad80984fbc13437897b6e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)

Really pretty with the floaters! I would just kind of  rearrange what you currently have and use a feeder ring to create a spotlight 🙂

Ps how do you make red root floaters survive? Mine melted... 

Edited by VanDogh

On 8/1/2024 at 2:27 PM, VanDogh said:

Really pretty with the floaters! I would just kind of  rearrange what you currently have and use a feeder ring to create a spotlight 🙂

Ps how do you make red root floaters survive? Mine melted... 

I just want to try lighter color items to get things to pop a bit. 

Mine melted at first, I pulled all the floaters out of my tank. I left them in a container so they didn't keep spiking my parameters. After they died off they began to come back and I put those in the tank and they did great. Now they won't stop growing I keep spreading them to my other tanks I am thinking about selling them. 

I think they had to adjust to the different water. 

• Like 2

On 8/2/2024 at 3:50 AM, Jesuisbanan said:

I just want to try lighter color items to get things to pop a bit. 

Mine melted at first, I pulled all the floaters out of my tank. I left them in a container so they didn't keep spiking my parameters. After they died off they began to come back and I put those in the tank and they did great. Now they won't stop growing I keep spreading them to my other tanks I am thinking about selling them. 

I think they had to adjust to the different water. 

I see! If you want to keep the theme but lighten it up maybe you could try some dragon rocks? They will match nicely with the driftwood while still standing out 😁

Oh... all of mine melted and died, like, the leaves melted and the whole floater just fell apart and sank... I really love how they look so I wish I could succeed in keeping them alive

On 8/1/2024 at 10:37 PM, VanDogh said:

I see! If you want to keep the theme but lighten it up maybe you could try some dragon rocks? They will match nicely with the driftwood while still standing out 😁

Oh... all of mine melted and died, like, the leaves melted and the whole floater just fell apart and sank... I really love how they look so I wish I could succeed in keeping them alive

I think I know what dragon's rock looks like. I'll be going to one of my favorite shops this weekend, I'll see what they have.

I really thought all of mine were going to die I had a very small amount left. I think taking them out of the tank helped them to adjust because they just kept dieing in there. I think you should try to order them again and keep them in a container away from the tanks and let it go through it's melting stage and hopefully if it's undisturbed it will come back. They are very picky to lighting though, I have a three gallon bowl that it's light isn't the best but it was affordable and my other plants don't mind but the red root floater don't like it at all. It's the only tank they won't do well in now. 

Initial layout of Apistogramma caves after totally gutting the tank. Mid April 24.IMG_20240509_203532177.jpg.6bb6d0767605506e70f1092f2d087f05.jpg.b15bfe2d96ad5befe2acded5b3b7562d.jpg 

Current state with more plants/wood & larger cave in back right. Finally getting some decent fill on the back wall. 

an2_20240728_184754_0.jpg.c45c8021cb05b0e71bffe6c8c36c907f.jpg

Edited by Beach Cruiser
  • Like 2
  • Love 1