Pea feeding

Cjbear087

So one of my guppies has severe bloat (I believe constipation) and after an Epsom salt bath - he still has bloat. So I am going to try the next method now of feedings peas - but I have no idea how to go about doing this. How many peas? Do I peel them? If anyone could let me know that would be great. Thanks

Keep up on the salt baths as well. The pea solution is kind of a hit or miss. If you’re feeding one guppy.  Just a partial pea. Softened in the microwave. Skinned is okay. If it doesn’t clear in a couple days, I’d feed him colus recipe for maracyn2 in his feed. It very easily could be from bacterial infection. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 6:13 PM, Tony s said:

Keep up on the salt baths as well. The pea solution is kind of a hit or miss. If you’re feeding one guppy.  Just a partial pea. Softened in the microwave. Skinned is okay. If it doesn’t clear in a couple days, I’d feed him colus recipe for maracyn2 in his feed. It very easily could be from bacterial infection. 

Funnily enough I’ve just done a whole Maracyn 2 treatment for fin rot so I think that eliminates the possibly of it being bacterial.

On 7/29/2024 at 6:19 PM, Tony s said:

Well okay then 👍🤣. Bloat is such a bugger though. It can even come from organ failure and there’s no cure for that. 

Yeah it’s a real pita, I don’t think it’s anything serious though as he’s probably been like this for a month and a bit now - just something that would be better not to have lol

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 6:21 PM, Cjbear087 said:

Yeah it’s a real pita, I don’t think it’s anything serious though as he’s probably been like this for a month and a bit now - just something that would be better not to have lol

I would fast for a couple  days while doing epsom salt baths can you  post a picture of the fish any pineconing are guppies male or female with bloat 

Edited by Colu