Vinegar for Cleaning?

I've read mixed results online, but we have hard water so I have constant white buildup on the glass top where bubbles pop. Is it safe to use vinegar to clean them? (assuming some gets in the tank).

I'd imagine yes but it may lower the pH a bit?

thanks!

• Like 2

Better way might be unscented Mr clean Magic eraser. or the cleaning pads coop has for sale. both should work. Little bit more elbow grease, but you could also use it to clean the algae off the glass at the same time

It is safe. I have used it once. Just rinse super well. And try not to get a lot of it in the aquarium.

On 7/12/2024 at 4:21 PM, Tony s said:

Sponge filter? You could upgrade to coop's new filter that has the easy flow attachment. It should eliminate most bubbles

Yes that piece helps a lot. If it is a sponge filter that is.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2024 at 12:48 AM, Mercfh said:

I've read mixed results online, but we have hard water so I have constant white buildup on the glass top where bubbles pop. Is it safe to use vinegar to clean them? (assuming some gets in the tank).

I'd imagine yes but it may lower the pH a bit?

thanks!

Hello,

I think using vinegar to clean white buildup from hard water on a glass top is generally safe, even if some vinegar gets into the tank. However, it may lower the pH slightly. To minimize any impact, use a diluted vinegar solution and clean the glass carefully to prevent excess vinegar from entering the tank.

• Like 3