Fish for my aquarium

Hello guys i have this 60 liters cube, right now i have some red cherries shrimp,  i want to add some fish to my tank and i actually like the Celestial Pearl Danios and the spoted blue eye "pseudomugil luminatus", but the spoted blue eye actually gets big , to 3 or 4 cm and at least 8 of them ,i've been doing some research and i saw that its ok to add it to a 60liters tank, but i actually think that 8 or 10 fishes of 3/4 cm are way to big for my aquarium. Have you guys ever kept them alone or with shrimp? Are they easy or hardy? Can i add them to my tank or its better to go with the CPD?

IMG-20240705-WA0013.jpg

My luminatus are pretty hardy. On the other hand, getrudaes were exactly the opposite.

60 liter cube, I assume it is a 40cm cube? If so I think you can keep luminatus there. I keep mine with pygmy cories and shrimp. Even pygmy cories hatch and raise themselves.

It would be a better idea to stick with with one schooling fish that uses mid column, and keep something like pygmy cories on the bottom to utilise all level of heights

• Like 2

On 7/6/2024 at 6:43 PM, Lennie said:

My luminatus are pretty hardy. On the other hand, getrudaes were exactly the opposite.

60 liter cube, I assume it is a 40cm cube? If so I think you can keep luminatus there. I keep mine with pygmy cories and shrimp. Even pygmy cories hatch and raise themselves.

It would be a better idea to stick with with one schooling fish that uses mid column, and keep something like pygmy cories on the bottom to utilise all level of heights

How many pseudomugil luminatus do you have in your aquarium, yes its a 40cm cube,how many should i get to my aquarium? Or maybe the CPDs are less hardy than the pseudomugil 

On 7/7/2024 at 1:24 AM, Vítor said:

How many pseudomugil luminatus do you have in your aquarium, yes its a 40cm cube,how many should i get to my aquarium? Or maybe the CPDs are less hardy than the pseudomugil 

If I were you I would get 3m:7 females or 2m:8f

Definitely go for high number of females. Ideally 3 per male I would say.

I have no personal experience with cpds. I know they are tiny and such, but I remember they love crowded tanks and big swimming space from @Guppysnail ‘s tanks. She may help better.

Sometimes, even though a fish is tiny, the activity level of it may not allow it to be a perfect fit for a small tank. Low activity level of similarly sized fish can be a perfect fit for such nano tank size tho. Like ember tetras for example

On 7/6/2024 at 7:18 PM, Lennie said:

I know they are tiny and such, but I remember they love crowded tanks and big swimming space from @Guppysnail ‘s tanks. She may help better.

Maybe 6 CPD. Even a 10 g which has a swim length of 50cm x 33cm 6 is the most CPD I would do. Even then you do not get to experience their full nature.  The smaller the tank the more they hide. Their defense mechanism is their speed so when there is nowhere to escape perceived threats they stay nervous. They are incredibly active. 6 Danio erythromicron energy level would better suit that size tank. 

• Like 1