SUCCESS! Growing adult brine shrump

Justin V1

I’m kinda new to this and people here have been very helpful with advise and wisdom they’ve passed along. So I thought I’d share this experiment should anyone else want to grow out their baby brine shrimp to adult hood.

I’m using a 10 gallon tank, air stone, cheap light and a heater. Maintaining water temp at about 78.

Added a batch of babies hatched in the Ziss Hatcher I got from the Coop. Then filled the tank up about half way with salt water made with Coop brine shrimp salt. I used 1-TBSP per liter of water.

To mix the salt/water I used my VitaMix blender and added Extrems Spirulina flakes for them to eat. After blending, the water had a green tint to it. They must be loving the food because they are growing pretty fast. I’m wondering if they’ll have babies?

I’ve also not changed the water, just added as it has evaporated.

All this was just a trial run to see how it would go, but it’s proven to pan out so I thought I’d pass it along. 

IMG_8981.jpeg

IMG_8978.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 6/30/2024 at 5:14 PM, Justin V1 said:

I’m kinda new to this and people here have been very helpful with advise and wisdom they’ve passed along. So I thought I’d share this experiment should anyone else want to grow out their baby brine shrimp to adult hood.

I’m using a 10 gallon tank, air stone, cheap light and a heater. Maintaining water temp at about 78.

Added a batch of babies hatched in the Ziss Hatcher I got from the Coop. Then filled the tank up about half way with salt water made with Coop brine shrimp salt. I used 1-TBSP per liter of water.

To mix the salt/water I used my VitaMix blender and added Extrems Spirulina flakes for them to eat. After blending, the water had a green tint to it. They must be loving the food because they are growing pretty fast. I’m wondering if they’ll have babies?

All this was just a trial run to see how it would go, but it’s proven to pan out so I thought I’d pass it along. 

IMG_8981.jpeg

IMG_8978.jpeg

That's awesome thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 5:14 PM, Justin V1 said:

IMG_8981.jpeg

IMG_8978.jpeg

That's very cool! Is there some specific fish or project that you're planning to feed them to, or was it more just to see if you could?