Is this ick on my blue rams?

On 6/19/2024 at 10:30 PM, TanTann the fish man said:

These white spots anyone think it's ick or something else? Looks like there's one more with it. I did just introduce a polar blue parrot who's not very friendly. Working on getting him out. 

20240619_215800.jpg

20240619_215756.jpg

It doesn't look like I ich possibly bacterial. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2024 at 10:30 PM, TanTann the fish man said:

These white spots anyone think it's ick or something else

Looks like something else. Ich will look like he’s been sprinkled with salt. Tiny white spots relatively uniform. Could be bacterial. Could be fungal. Does it look fuzzy? Could even be minor injuries. 

On 6/19/2024 at 11:56 PM, Tony s said:

Looks like something else. Ich will look like he’s been sprinkled with salt. Tiny white spots relatively uniform. Could be bacterial. Could be fungal. Does it look fuzzy? Could even be minor injuries. 

I will try and get a closer look for the fuzzyness. I was almost thinking it could be some minor injuries as well since I've noticed that parrot is a jerk. Do you recommend adding something like API stress coat? Or should I just go in with some melafix and pimafix?

On 6/20/2024 at 12:09 AM, TanTann the fish man said:

Do you recommend adding something like API stress coat? Or should I just go in with some melafix and pimafix?

Possibly stress coat if it’s an injury. If it’s bacterial or fungus, you’ll need something stronger than melafix or pimafix. They’re mostly tea tree oil. They do have some preventive actions. But won’t cure an active infection. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/20/2024 at 12:30 AM, Tony s said:

Possibly stress coat if it’s an injury. If it’s bacterial or fungus, you’ll need something stronger than melafix or pimafix. They’re mostly tea tree oil. They do have some preventive actions. But won’t cure an active infection. 

Any recommendations? Something like API® E.M. Erythromycin Fish Bacterial Infection Treatment?

Edited by TanTann the fish man

First what are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate pH KH GH temperature just in case something off the picture quality not good enough to tell if it's an injury if it has  a fuzzy appearance then i would quarantine and treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for 7 days remember to only put back in what you take out so if you do a 2 gallon water change put 1 table spoon of salt back in as salt only removed though water changes if you notice it get worse any loss of appetite lethargy or redness then I would also treat e.m erythromycin along side the salt and add an extra air stone during treatment 

On 6/20/2024 at 6:19 AM, Colu said:

First what are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate pH KH GH temperature just in case something off the picture quality not good enough to tell if it's an injury if it has  a fuzzy appearance then i would quarantine and treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for 7 days remember to only put back in what you take out so if you do a 2 gallon water change put 1 table spoon of salt back in as salt only removed though water changes if you notice it get worse any loss of appetite lethargy or redness then I would also treat e.m erythromycin along side the salt and add an extra air stone during treatment 

PH  6.8, KH 30-40, GH over 300, Temp is 80°, ammonia 0, nitrate 0, nitrite around 20.

Awesome thanks for all that information!!

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 6:19 AM, Colu said:

If I treat with e.m erythromycin should I pull out all of my filter media?

On 6/20/2024 at 3:24 PM, TanTann the fish man said:

If I treat with e.m erythromycin should I pull out all of my filter media?

I would quarantine the fish if you can and then treat if your treating the main tank I would have some cycled media from another tank ready to go just in case the erythromycin harms your benefial bacterial 

• Like 1