Real vs scammy/AI aquarium websites

When I google some question about our hobby, I get a TON of websites popping up.  Some of them I know are established and trusted forums (like CARE), but the vast majority seem to be copy/paste AI garbage or at best, just really cheap commercial sites with very little depth, set up only as a bait-n-switch platform for a gross number of popups and other ads.

Is there any kind of list for this, or can we build one?  I really need to set up some filters, I am tired of getting internet-herpes every time I look at a fish.   😷 

Edited by daggaz

Im gonna make a website that scrolls down infinitely as you add content, with a black background and flashing colors and at least 15 different font sizes, because they exist.  

• Confused 1

In the early days of the internet, Johnny, the webpages were all white text on black background (or like IBM blue) and you just scrolled down and down and down, there werent really much buttons or inner pages or tabs or whatnot.  Also normal people with like 2% computer skills were making them, so they just included every cheesy 1992 computer graphic you could get, all 16 ugly cgi colors, flashing colors, hundreds of different fonts and font sizes, all on one page like Word just got real sick and horked all over the place.  

It was a dream come true.  It was hell on earth for epileptics.  It was internet, 1992.

• Haha 2

In '85 I think we called them bulletin boards!

I thought people enjoyed getting the same letter for letter quote on different sites. Even Google  GENERATING......... AI OVERVIEW.............no longer tries to hide their AI search results.

On another topic, the poster offered Ambulia Nana as the common name for a favored plant in the states.  AI determined that I wanted to see Anubia Nana, and there was no changing its mind!  An hour later, I again cut and pasted Ambulia Nana into the browser, and got the correct plant

Dial-up BBS on 1200baud? FTP and Unix? Man, Usurper was the bomb..

One forum I found that I like is barr report.  It's more focused on rare aquatic plants than fish, but it's full of useful information and helpful experts.