Cloudy water after expel P

Despite box saying this product does not cause cloudy water, mine went totally murky overnite! All parameters are good still however. I  see I have lost a few ghost shrimp but still have a few out of the original ten.

Will do the water change 25% tonite and hopefully things will revert. 
TBC

On 6/14/2024 at 11:09 PM, Potterygal said:

Despite box saying this product does not cause cloudy water, mine went totally murky overnite! All parameters are good still however. I  see I have lost a few ghost shrimp but still have a few out of the original ten.

Will do the water change 25% tonite and hopefully things will revert. 
TBC

Levamisole can be harmful to shrimp if your going to dose your tank I would recommend removing them most medication can cause a cloudy water after as long as your parameters are fine and you have added an extra air stone I would worry 

• Like 1

Product says safe for invertebrates so I guess we will see who’s hardy😢. I’ve never had this much drama with new set up. I’ll keep forging ahead to next steps. Thank you. 
call me frustrated!

On 6/15/2024 at 12:52 AM, Potterygal said:

Product says safe for invertebrates so I guess we will see who’s hardy😢. I’ve never had this much drama with new set up. I’ll keep forging ahead to next steps. Thank you. 
call me frustrated!

Some species of snails such as rabbit and mystery snails can be kill by levamisole it can cause shrimp to slow down causing stress molts in higher enough dose can be fatal to shrimp 

• 1 month later...

@Potterygal I am dosing this product to get rid of camallanus and woke up this morning to all my fish gasping for air at the top of the water column. The water was cloudy. I thought they were gonna die. Also all the snails were above the water level and even all the planarias (which I happily picked out carefully as to not break them up). I had enough time to do a 25% water change.  I hope when I get home from work everyone in the tank is still alive. 😬

Edited by shawnkissed

On 7/15/2024 at 5:27 PM, shawnkissed said:

I had enough time to do a 25% water change.  I hope when I get home from work everyone in the tank is still alive. 😬

My water was very cloudy for a few days but all shrimp/ snails survived.it took a few days to see the planaria disappear. I had not added fish at that point. Did you have an air stone going besides any other filtration? They say that is needed.

the second dose did not cloud the water one week later. Hope things go well from this point for you. 

On 7/16/2024 at 9:53 AM, Potterygal said:

I hope when I get home from work everyone in the tank is still alive. 😬

I’m so sorry, I actually did lose some ghost shrimp initially but as I recall they were already dying off ( LFS Feeders) I still have one left but also a baby ghost appeared last week! So there’s THAT!

ALSO the day I did second dose I got unexpected call that LFS order of 6 Amano shrimp and 15 chili rasboras were delivered and I had to take. I don’t have a quarantine tank so in they went. I did lose 10 chilis in first week but ALL Amanos are thriving , despite being put into 2nd dose Expel P on day one in new home. I figure they are very hardy too! I don’t feel the lost chilis were due to Expel , but rather poor condition from shipping to LFS.

Hoping for the best for you.

@Potterygal@PotterygalI don't have an air stone or filter in the tank. I've been doing a water change every morning of 25%. I think there's also a bacterial bloom and the water smells a bit sulfuric. The fish are stressed but not dead or gasping for air. Even the fry look fine and fat since they're feeding off the bacteria. As far as the treatment, the camallanus which is almost out the fish. 

IMG20240716151926.jpg

Edited by shawnkissed