Betta ID

Meep556

Was wondering if any one could tell me what kind of beta my female is. I have a buddy with a Copper Alien Betta. We were think of breeding the two, if we even could. Think it’d be neat to see what the turn out is. 

IMG_4317.jpeg

On 6/5/2024 at 8:13 PM, redcherrychrimp2 said:

Inchthyosaurus 

If I had a prehistoric dolphin this is the last place I’d be on 😂 

and I know she’s a female @JE47. Just wasn’t sure if I could breed her with a male copper alien.

Oops! Sorry @Meep556 I didn't read the post quite right my bad. To answer for real your question I would answer yes you could breed your female to your friends copper Alien betta. Both are part of the splendens group so they are compatible for breeding however I could not tell you what the offspring would look like if you bred them. Hopefully this helps.

It’s all good @JE47. We’re gonna set something up to breed them and see what comes out. I’d love to get a me a copper male with red tipped fins. I wanna get me an alien beta but I’ve never seen one locally and I’m scared to order fish offline lol.  

I’ll share pics and what not with every one on here. I got a second project ima start here soon also. When a turtle lays its egg. The temp the eggs incubate at determines the gender of the babies. So I was gonna see rather or not guppies and bristle noses follow the same rules.