Community-Curated Aquarium Guide?

Your betta splendens section looks great the only thing I would add to your betta care section that female betta sororities should not be attempted by beginners if you are an intermediate fishkeeper and have already kept a solo betta and gotten to understand their care and behavior. Then you could start to venture into the betta sorority territory. But I would heavily stress that if you are going to attempt this you need a backup plan if it goes wrong and it might not go wrong right away that is why being prepared is important. Anyways this guide looks great super excited

On 6/8/2024 at 12:35 AM, JE47 said:

Your betta splendens section looks great the only thing I would add to your betta care section that female betta sororities should not be attempted by beginners if you are an intermediate fishkeeper and have already kept a solo betta and gotten to understand their care and behavior. Then you could start to venture into the betta sorority territory. But I would heavily stress that if you are going to attempt this you need a backup plan if it goes wrong and it might not go wrong right away that is why being prepared is important. Anyways this guide looks great super excited

Yes, that is critical. I will make sure that that is edited. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 4:56 PM, Kunersbettas said:

It's very good! My only concern is all of the headings. When we put it into formatting, is it okay if I were to put some of the text under more generalized labels?

Oh ya, I forgot about that, yes it is perfectly fine! You could even put it into chapters. Idk but that doesn’t really matter. Just put it into small text right beside the other text @Kunersbettas.

IMPORTANT: 

I am on a cruise at the moment, will return in a week. Until then, my internet access is limited. You can continue to send me messages/suggestions/sections, but will may not get a timely response. Sorry!

• Like 2

On 6/7/2024 at 11:20 AM, Kunersbettas said:

Hey everybody! I've got an important question: What size should the physical book be?

5" x 8", 6" x 9", or 8" x 10"?

I think one of the first two would be ideal.

The 5" x 8" would be good for a quick, portable guide, 6" x 9" is better for more photos.

I feel like a smaller book would be better, especially if we are going to have some trouble getting images. If we can somehow get people to contribute images, (I might have a way to do that), then go for the 6x9. If not, the 5x8 would be good. Also, 5x8, the portable guide would also be a better size if our goal is for fishkeepers to be able to have it alongsides other fishkeeping equipment.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2024 at 3:46 PM, Guupy42 said:

I feel like a smaller book would be better, especially if we are going to have some trouble getting images. If we can somehow get people to contribute images, (I might have a way to do that), then go for the 6x9. If not, the 5x8 would be good. Also, 5x8, the portable guide would also be a better size if our goal is for fishkeepers to be able to have it alongsides other fishkeeping equipment.

My thoughts exactly! Unless we can get around 80+ pictures, 5 x 8 would be best, and cheaper.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2024 at 9:59 PM, Kunersbettas said:

My thoughts exactly! Unless we can get around 80+ pictures, 5 x 8 would be best, and cheaper.

Yes agreed. We should not have To many pics. But if we had 80, wow, that would be almost picture every page lol. Oh i can do a section on  WCMMs, i own them and have a good amount of experience with them. They may not be the most common, but are the #1 beginner fish out there for sure @Kunersbettas.

On 6/10/2024 at 5:56 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

Yes agreed. We should not have To many pics. But if we had 80, wow, that would be almost picture every page lol. Oh i can do a section on  WCMMs, i own them and have a good amount of experience with them. They may not be the most common, but are the #1 beginner fish out there for sure @Kunersbettas.

Yes, a great fish, please do! The only unnatural way I've seen them die is when the heater thermostat breaks and the temp rises to 90F 😅. Even then, one made it!

• Like 2

On 6/6/2024 at 8:22 PM, Guupy42 said:

Livebearers: Guppies, Platies, Mollies, Swordtails, Endlers Livebearer / Guppy, Mosquitofish, Killifish (But I don't know about them)

Killifish, by definition are egg laying. That said there is the "least killifish" which is a livebearer and technically not a killifish. The technical definition for killifish is any egg laying toothcarp 

On 6/7/2024 at 7:30 AM, Kunersbettas said:

as well as maybe the American Flagfish

They are egg layers. They stick their eggs to plants.

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2024 at 7:31 AM, Schuyler said:

Killifish, by definition are egg laying. That said there is the "least killifish" which is a livebearer and technically not a killifish. The technical definition for killifish is any egg laying toothcarp 

They are egg layers. They stick their eggs to plants.

Okay then. I will correct that on the outline. Would you like to write a section?

On 6/12/2024 at 10:51 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

Again, I will do a section on WCMMs, when I get the chance! By the end of next week sound good @Kunersbettas? I am very busy and will be till next Sunday sadly. So I will work on it when I get opportunity’s! 

Oh, no rush. I was talking to the person who corrected me on killifish. I probably should have mentioned him.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 2:06 PM, Kunersbettas said:

Final Vote! 

5 x 8 or 6 x 9?

I also think 5 x 8 will be better, even though we have already started to get a lot of images in the other thread.

Edited by Guupy42

On 6/20/2024 at 3:45 PM, Kunersbettas said:

5 x 8 it is!

I will open a new Document on Docs for each of the sections.

Great! Ok, I am sorry I haven’t actually been working on my WCMM section, but it was because I had company over the entire weekend, I will work on it through the coming week if that is fine @Kunersbettasl