Greetings from Pittsburgh

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone. I am getting back into the hobby after a ~30 year break. That’s right, 30. I had aquariums galore as a kid and teenager, last one was in my college dorm room… until I bought a used 30 gallon recently for placement in my home office. After deciding I should build my own stand (I’m prone to time consuming DIY projects - see the photo), resealing the aquarium, trying to get driftwood waterlogged for a couple months then deciding to cut it in two and mount it to siltstone mini-slabs from my local creek, and doing tons of research, my aquarium has been up and running for a couple of weeks. My local store steered me to a half dozen harlequin rasboras as starters when I also bought some plants. Today I’m off to get my true targets - about 10 cardinal tetras and a couple/few juvenile blue rams. IMG_1305.jpeg.07f2f375e7a33e8d06f933042a371196.jpeg

Edited by PGH Jeremy
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Thanks

On 6/1/2024 at 8:22 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

Welcome to the forum @PGH Jeremy! Nice tank! Love the design of the drawer’s!!!( Is that how you spell it? 😂)

Those are actually baskets sitting on shelves. On the left side, behind the door, is my canister filter and I added an air pump. I mounted a 6 outlet power strip to the inside here so all the power cords for everything run behind the aquarium and into the stand (staying out of sight). 

IMG_1307.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2