Very skinny guppy

Supermassive

On 7/20/2024 at 6:44 PM, Colu said:

You can use panacur c it's a dog dewormers that's readily available active ingredient is fenbendazole

😕 I'm not doing that. I'm just going to get different guppies.

5 months down the drain.

• Sad 1

On 7/21/2024 at 10:44 AM, Supermassive said:

5 months down the drain.

I am very sorry to here this. I would maybe order them if you have not done that yet. Big box store(especially guppies)fish are not usually very healthy. But you never know. Again I am sorry. 🙁

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2024 at 3:44 PM, Supermassive said:

5 months down the drain.

It's safe to use with fish it's just pure fenbendazole it's might be your only option in Canada 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2024 at 8:38 PM, Colu said:

It's safe to use with fish it's just pure fenbendazole it's might be your only option in Canada 

How many treatments would I need to do, and in your opinion what are the odds they are actually cured?

• Like 1

On 7/22/2024 at 5:22 PM, Supermassive said:

How many treatments would I need to do, and in your opinion what are the odds they are actually cured?

It will take it will take three courses of treatment so you would treat week 1 week 2 week 3 following @oddduck dosing that I posted  fenbendazole can work when other anti-parasitic medication haven't so I think it has a good chance of curing your fish 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Colu I haven't medicated them anymore but they seem to be doing okay. The 3 survivors are all pretty fat now and eating well and their behavior seems normal.

My concern now is are they still full of parasites and if I breed them and sell them are they going to get sick a lot?

On 8/23/2024 at 7:48 PM, Supermassive said:

@Colu I haven't medicated them anymore but they seem to be doing okay. The 3 survivors are all pretty fat now and eating well and their behavior seems normal.

My concern now is are they still full of parasites and if I breed them and sell them are they going to get sick a lot?

If they still have parasite you will notice weight loss bloating and lose of appetite over the next couple of weeks with out further treatment I would just monitor for next month if there still behaving normally and don't suffer weight loss or lose of appetite or white stringy poop then I would say your fine to breed from them 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Colu Everything has been going well but I just noticed something that worries me. They were all normal this morning when I fed them but I just saw one of the females swimming at the surface at a 45 degree angle. Then the other female nipped at her and she sank to the bottom and just sat there and the other female continued to nip at her for a couple minutes before I netted her. She is sitting in the net at a 45 degree angle at the surface. They are all really fat now and have been doing well up until now.

She died. Idk what happened. Everything was fine for the past few weeks. I do 50% water changes weekly. I got sick and didn't do it this week but it shouldn't have mattered. They're only 3 guppies in a 10G I don't think they need weekly 50% water changes.