My 3 month old 20 gallon long planted what do you guys think answering all questions

Posted (edited)

curious what the thought/purpose of the rocks on the HOB filter outlet is? Just aesthetic or another purpose?

And why so much filtration? 3 filters seems like overkill. You seeding them for other tanks?

Not saying anything you are doing is wrong, just curious in case you are thinking of something I am not.

Edited by NOLANANO
  • Like 2

On 5/21/2024 at 11:30 AM, NOLANANO said:

curious what the thought/purpose of the rocks on the HOB filter outlet is? Just aesthetic or another purpose?

And why so much filtration? 3 filters seems like overkill. You seeding them for other tanks?

Not saying anything you are doing is wrong, just curious in case you are thinking of something I am not.

Curious as well, the filtration with rocks in front is interesting, i would love to know why you did it, again curious… 3 filters is a ton of filtration, seeding for other tanks is what I am thinking, @NOLANANO you said everything I would’ve said lol

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I'm not OP but my guess is the rocks are to baffle the outflow. I use water bottles for this purpose. 

I would like to add that I have had issues with filters back to back in the middle so watch out. It caused me some staghorn algae issues. 

Edited by Cinnebuns
  • Like 2

On 5/21/2024 at 3:26 PM, Cinnebuns said:

I'm not OP but my guess is the rocks are to baffle the outflow. I use water bottles for this purpose. 

I would like to add that I have had issues with filters back to back in the middle so watch out. It caused me some staghorn algae issues. 

I thought that as well but the other HOB doesn't have a baffle so I thought maybe it was a different reason.

• Like 1