Fluval Flex 15

So I’ve put another sponge filter in the back left compartment of my Fluval Flex 15 (the one which doesn’t have anything in it by default) and I was wondering if it will be okay. I heard some people say that compartment needs flow but the sponge filter isn’t blocking either of the vents and has some sides the water can get around into the Fluval sponge in the middle compartment. Fluval owners help. Thanks 🙂

If you could block of the top vent and keep the water flowing from the bottom that would be best. But there is a lot of flow anyway. I haven’t tried that in mine. But it should be good. There is going to be a lot of flow into the center anyway from the pump. You really should be good. Enough side to side flow to make that tank difficult for bettas

On 5/16/2024 at 5:16 PM, Tony s said:

If you could block of the top vent and keep the water flowing from the bottom that would be best. But there is a lot of flow anyway. I haven’t tried that in mine. But it should be good. There is going to be a lot of flow into the center anyway from the pump. You really should be good. Enough side to side flow to make that tank difficult for bettas

In my wife's flex I cut up filter sponge and inserted it in both intake grills and pulled off the nozzle and stuffed some in the back of the nozzle and put it back on and it worked wonders Betta is happy as a clam.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 7:44 PM, DBrown918 said:

In my wife's flex I cut up filter sponge and inserted it in both intake grills and pulled off the nozzle and stuffed some in the back of the nozzle and put it back on and it worked wonders Betta is happy as a clam

I like this idea. I just use a floating plant to give him cover. But what @Cjbear087 is doing is putting a full-sized sponge filter behind the left side compartment to be available to use in a quarantine tank when needed. I think they've probably got enough flow to get it seeded with beneficial bacteria. But I'm very sure they'd like all the input they can get.

On 5/16/2024 at 8:39 PM, DBrown918 said:

Yeah I was just talking about how I reduced the flow for the Betta

Yep. Very good idea. I didn’t know if you had any more. Flexes are decent aquariums, but limited in some ways. It’s just an odd way to configure a filter system