20 long Multi tank

I got this tank about a month ago from a club auction for $5. The plan was to ungrade the multis from they 10 gallon tank.

PXL_20240421_013357303.jpg.6c20db3db9b8a51a98824e3e681ab8c5.jpg

It's acrylic and needs a good polishing. I'm also not a huge fan of the blue background but that's literally just the back panel so I'm going to create a background for it because it will be in a highly visible spot. I'm also thinking about making a lid to cover that opening so that stuff from the cabinet doesn't accidentally fall in. 

The scape and stocking are pretty simple since this will be a Shelly tank.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Here is a video of how I'm going to do the background: 

The tricky part will be that I can't do it all as one piece because it had to fit into that hole in the top.

My plan is to make rounded rocks that fit together like a sort of cobblestone. That way the seems will hopefully look more natural.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2024 at 2:43 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

I’m so jealous! You couldn’t buy the acrylic to make that tank for $5! 
And multis… what a great use for that tank. I’m sure they’ll enjoy the upgrade 🙂

Yeah it was the last item in a six hour auction. By that point miss people were gone and we were staying to clean up. 

PXL_20240515_003010117.jpg.1d1ca3e8111150316c84a07a544b4b82.jpg

Here it is all cleaned up. There were some big scratches on the front that removed with polish and a sander. I replaced the sand paper with a rag at it essentially worked like a buffer. That went much faster than when I tried doing it by hand. The inside still has quite a few scratches but those go away under water.

• Like 2
  • Love 2