Disappointing Air Volume

I'm using an Aquarium Coop (AC) Sponge Filter with an AC air collar, with AC air tubing, AC check valve, and an AC air pump set on high. The tubing is only about 3 ft long. I just cleaned out the air collar which improved air flow, but this is all the air flow I'm getting. Is this normal? Is this the best it can do?

2 thoughts, is the check valve the correct way? 2nd, its possible the dealie on top of the new sponge filters is messed up, as the ac air pumps can move a good volume of air. to check the pump, unhook the line and hold it under water or stick it on an air stone.

• Like 2

Does it have good flow? Idk if it’s me, but idk what you mean by “is this the best it can do” when I didn’t see anything that says what it’s doing? Maybe I am reading it wrong or just super tired lol. @John Collins, could I see a vid? Please excuse me if none of this made sense but I just didn’t get the point of the topic….

On 5/13/2024 at 5:51 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Does it have good flow? Idk if it’s me, but idk what you mean by “is this the best it can do” when I didn’t see anything that says what it’s doing? Maybe I am reading it wrong or just super tired lol. @John Collins, could I see a vid? Please excuse me if none of this made sense but I just didn’t get the point of the topic….

The flow is disappointing.

• Like 1