Chesty longfin white clouds

I was wondering if any white cloud experts could tell me if these long-fin white clouds look normal? I got a batch of 6 and they seem quite healthy based on behavior and have grown to full size, but they seem terribly chesty. The chestiness was more pronounced when they were smaller, and looked a lot like a chesty guppy. They’re a bit more rounded now, but are still more full in the chest area than say the belly, which is what I would expect for eggy females.

My only other experience is with a few golden white clouds which I can easily tell the sex of based on body shape, but I cannot tell the sex of the group of long-fins at all. A couple of them are always sparring and displaying at any given time, so I assume that at least two are males, but they all seem to have this same shape. None are torpedo shaped like my golden males, and none have a rounded belly like my golden females. I do feed well, but these are the only fish that have this bloated quality to them.

(Apologies for the terrible photo quality, they are fast but my camera is not.)IMG_7439.jpeg.7c45b99537a60534d32a6c0aa7cdb294.jpeg

IMG_7440.jpeg

IMG_7441.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Could be full of  eggs or fat due to over eating what I would do is fast for 5 days and monitor to see if the bloating goes down if it does then I would look at what your feeding and how often give an update after 5 days @PluckyD

Edited by Colu

@Colu Thanks for the suggestion. In fact, I am fairly certain they will slim down on a diet. What’s weird to me is why they would be particularly bloated when none of the other fish are, including the golden white clouds. Does that mean they just need to be separated?

On 5/11/2024 at 12:09 PM, PluckyD said:

@Colu Thanks for the suggestion. In fact, I am fairly certain they will slim down on a diet. What’s weird to me is why they would be particularly bloated when none of the other fish are, including the golden white clouds. Does that mean they just need to be separated?

You could just fast all the fish in the tank for 5 days they will be fine or quarantine and fast if the bloating doesn't go down they could be egg bound for that you would want to treat with epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as  Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant