Odd stomach shape.

khongor

Hello everyone. 

About 1 months ago I bought 15 neon tetras. So far I found 2 dead overnight somehow and couple of them looking not normal. This one in picture has distinct round stomach. Could this be some digestive or parasite problem? Another neon does not seem to eat much and has very flat stomach. I'm afraid sickness outbreak in my tank. 

My other fishes include 1 betta, group of pygmy Cory, few shrimps.

PXL_20240507_132515753.jpg

what are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate pH KH GH temperature any rapid breathing hanging out near the surface lethargy flashing spitting food out sunken belly white stringy poop red worms protruding from the anus @khongor

Hello, thank you for looking 

I have just used Coop strips. My ammonia appears to be low, nitrate and nitrite are low, hardness very high, buffer and pH are high as well. Temperature is between 75-78. Everyone appears to be breathing normal. All neons hanging at bottom area. 

I haven't seen any red worms so far. I see some me brown looking poops on the floor. I haven't caught one in pooping action yet :(. 

Forgot to include pictures 

PXL_20240507_135629564.jpg

PXL_20240507_135350835.jpg

On 5/7/2024 at 9:02 PM, khongor said:

Hello, thank you for looking 

I have just used Coop strips. My ammonia appears to be low, nitrate and nitrite are low, hardness very high, buffer and pH are high as well. Temperature is between 75-78. Everyone appears to be breathing normal. All neons hanging at bottom area. 

I haven't seen any red worms so far. I see some me brown looking poops on the floor. I haven't caught one in pooping action yet :(. 

Forgot to include pictures 

PXL_20240507_135629564.jpg

PXL_20240507_135350835.jpg

It could be a  parasitic infection with sunken bellys for that you would want to treat with oddduck treatment protocol for parasitic infections levamisole is harmful to shrimp and snails I would remove them before treating 

1000000038.png

1000000041.png

1000000045.png

• Like 2