🐟 AQUARIUM RESCAPE PHOTOS! SCROLL DOWN 👇 FOR MORE INFO & THE BEFORE PICTURES 🌱🌿📷

full shot of clownbaby's aquarium

close-up of clownbaby's aquarium

generalized photo of rescape

close-up featuring Leroy the Mystery Snail

----------------------

IMG_20240404_152632.jpg.93123dc2fea43935b9080d24eecdfa32.jpg

THE BEFORE

This was my first attempt ever at a planted aquarium, or an aquarium over 10 gallons. I had no idea what I was doing, which can show. 

This aquascape wasn't bad! But... I did not like it.

Here were the major things I disliked:

• the grow light being oddly attached
  • the fact that the wood pieces all blended in really well
  • lack of rocks in the hardscape - just pebbles
  • pebbles ended up covering a lot of the substrate
  • nothing in the corners made it feel unbalanced, and since it wasn't really an island scape, it was just meh

So, I did try to balance it out by moving more substrate in, and adding in some corner plants:

IMG_20240427_103621.jpg.c579375968c0b74a75e0d65a792b957a.jpg

And eventually I replaced the light with an LED grow light that doesn't just clip on and bend all weird, and I was happier. But I wasn't happy with it. 

So, when I was visiting some of my family members (who own land on a major river), I picked up some really pretty and angular rocks. When I got home, I sanded the corners down to be less sharp and boiled them. I found all the wood pieces in the scape in my own backyard wetland, and processed them myself too. 

During the rescape a lot of the dirt got kicked up (as my tank is a dirted tank), and so I ended up losing a bit of the upper-most substrate. (Miscommunication with parents - but oh well.) So I am heading to a local stream to get some river sand on Saturday, since the weather will be nice!

So, I will update on my 30 gallon aquarium journal when I add in the sand.

I am really happy with the result, so please be nice! 🍀❤️🌈🤩

• Love 2