Honey Blue eye Pond

Just as the title says I’m trying something new for myself. I got a trio of psuedomugil Mellis and am putting them in a 25 gallon Tuff Stuff round tub. It’s planted with some Amazon swords, rowtala and some various floaters. There’s a large sponge filter in the middle for aeration and water movement. 

image.jpg.fc6eceb69f033b2d2d942fb42c5de4ad.jpg

This is my first time keeping these fish and also maintaining a pond but I’ll keep this updated with progress and hopefully Fry sooner than later! Let me know what you think and any pond tips!

image.gif.8ef747535ce0c409aa92e1202947c4eb.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Keep us updated on your success. I was going to try tubs outside on the deck this year for my luminatus and gertrudae. Hubby decided to redo the deck this year so I will live vicariously through you. 

@Chris that’s awesome I’m thinking of setting up a tank for that species as well! Super fun fish to watch.

Small update today, I got my first fertilized eggs I pulled the 3 I found will try raising them inside the rest I think will stay outside for the time being keep the strong fry out there and try to have fun with the couple I bring in! So far so good!

Got some fry going on in the pond! Hoping they are psuedomugil fry and not hitch hiking eggs from the plants 😂 here’s some pics I got of the pond today it’s really growing out nicely! Also might be grabbing 6 more for the pond to help fill out my colony!

They are super reclusive in this pond, they darken up with the substrate and blend in well but I can account for all 3 which is good!

image.gif.a9f078493c413f3be447f31545039227.gif

IMG_3307.jpeg.b9025d1228c898bba14fd828f4bd40b8.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update! Lots of fry despite the extreme heat we have in Tucson lately. It’s been 105+ the last 2 weeks and they are growing and breeding like crazy still! Water temps have been 80-90 which is a little high but nothing out of their normal range. 

the picture below is peak temp mid day which is lower than I expectedIMG_3404.jpeg.1b5b6c0f616b2a4bc587b7691baa67e5.jpeg

• Like 1