How do you transport fish?

Hi all! On occasion, after certain fish have bred, I bring the offspring to my LFS. Usually, I just use a large Tupperware to transport them, but I was wondering what all of you do! I feel bags might be a tad more professional, but it would definitely be a waste, especially for only a 20 mile or so drive., although this November, I’m traveling to the All Aquarium Catfish con, so if you have a method of transporting fish over longer distances, those would definitely be of use as well!

I use a cooler half full of water. I used to have a dedicated cooler that had a hole drilled in the top for air line tubing to go through so I could add an air stone for longer trips.

Posted (edited)

for a 20 mile drive, ziplocks would work just fine. largest size possible. supported in a box or cooler. covered with something to prevent temp shifts. it should only be a trip of 1/2 hour? depending on where you live of course. not going to have time to create much ammonia or other such. fish travel in bags for several days. so, no big deal

Edited by Tony s