Cycled tank??

I have a 55 gallon community tank that I have been trying to do a fish in cycle for a couple of months now.  When I came home today and tested my water I had zero ammonia, zero nitrites and nitrates were 10,  pH 7.8 and my water is cloudy. Does this mean I’m getting close finally??  I guess I’m just looking for confirmation. I realize in the beginning I was over cleaning my tank and never giving it a chance to cycle.

• Like 1

Looks like you have a basic cycle. You can either add a bit more ammonia and make sure it clears easily. Or you can actually add some fish. A small amount just to keep the cycle going and not overwhelm it. If you add the fish be sure to check your parameters daily to make sure it’s good. If the cycle fails you’re now in a fish in cycle. Which is doable. Just a lot more water changes to keep your ammonia down. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 8:40 PM, Tony s said:

Looks like you have a basic cycle. You can either add a bit more ammonia and make sure it clears easily. Or you can actually add some fish. A small amount just to keep the cycle going and not overwhelm it. If you add the fish be sure to check your parameters daily to make sure it’s good. If the cycle fails you’re now in a fish in cycle. Which is doable. Just a lot more water changes to keep your ammonia down. 

she is doing a fish in, no ammonia should be added. time to start upping the stocking level slowly.

Edited by lefty o
  • Like 2

On 4/29/2024 at 11:24 PM, lefty o said:

he is doing a fish in, no ammonia should be added. time to start upping the stocking level slowly.

Yes, apparently my comprehensive skills are not working today. I read that completely backwards 

On 4/29/2024 at 11:24 PM, lefty o said:

time to start upping the stocking level slowly.

Completely agree 

• Like 1