API General Cure with loach fry?

Epiphanaea

One of my gastromyzon ctenocephalus appears to be losing weight despite eating well.  These fish have never been dewormed, so that was my first thought.  My concern is that I have fry in this same tank - pseudogastromyzon cheni, I believe.  

I know loaches can be sensitive to medication, and some antibiotics aren’t good for growing youngsters of any species.  API General Cure was available locally and has the two parasite meds you guys recommend, metronidazole and praziquantel.  

It would make sense to dose everybody, since if one has parasites, odds are they all do - but I don’t want to endanger the fry.  Does anyone here have relevant experience?

On 4/30/2024 at 6:58 AM, Epiphanaea said:

One of my gastromyzon ctenocephalus appears to be losing weight despite eating well.  These fish have never been dewormed, so that was my first thought.  My concern is that I have fry in this same tank - pseudogastromyzon cheni, I believe.  

I know loaches can be sensitive to medication, and some antibiotics aren’t good for growing youngsters of any species.  API General Cure was available locally and has the two parasite meds you guys recommend, metronidazole and praziquantel.  

It would make sense to dose everybody, since if one has parasites, odds are they all do - but I don’t want to endanger the fry.  Does anyone here have relevant experience?

General cure is safe to use with sensitive fish it can take three full courses of treatment two weeks apart so you would want to treat on week 1 week 3 week 5 

• Thanks 1