Do snails need to be quarantined?

I got some snails and I have heard that they can carry fish diseases in their shells, so it is best to quarantine. I really don't want snails in the quarantine tank I have set up for potential onboarding fish (which I didn't think about before hand). I would like thoughts on the necessity of quarantining snails. 

Ideally you would but I know some fish keepers that don't quarantine because of the source of all livestock being the same.  Lots of trust but that's them, you do you.  If you don't want to quarantine then roll the dice.  Good luck with your snails 🐌 

• Like 1

Thanks 😊. I thought quarantining snails sounded dramatic, but was warned about “hitchhikers”. I agree that there is always a risk but in this case it is a very small risk. They are now in my healthy 55g. 

Life is too short to qt snails for me.

I want my lil guys enjoying their tank ASAP.  Their life span is usually short enough. I dont want any to spend 1 month of their lifespan in a qt tank, considering some approximately live around a year or so. 

also some, like nerites, need a mature tank to graze so they would starve unless you keep a well established qt tank to support all the nerites that will go to 55g for example