Fluval 407 install

Ok my Fluval 407 came in now I have to think about where to put the intake and output. This is the usual 75gal. 4 ft. tank any ideas are welcomed. My thoughts are end to end with  intake half way deep output on the other end  up top about 3 inches or so deep angled up. Might get a spray bar to spread things out. If I get a dead spot look into a wave maker. Not sure how much current my Oscar wants as far as the wave maker goes so will need to figure out the size I've only had HOBs before. Also thinking about no fine floss in the 407 and use my tidal 75 center rear with just floss cause it is quick to change. Like I said all thoughts are welcomed.

Airborne 

I use quite a few fluval 07 series. I put intake /outflow on opposite back corners. 

I like to place my outflow at the surface to get max surface agitation and aeration.  That also allows me to turn the flow higher without the current blowing my fish around
****my fish are all considerably smaller than an Oscar*****

I recommend no floss in the fluval. It clogs very quickly adding stress to the canister and excess need for tearing it open and cleaning.

On the side I have the intake I use. Hob to get flow.  I use airstones in the center.

I use this setup template on 9 of my tanks I use the 07 series canisters.  I experimented with many different setups and placements. This works best for me.  
Hope that helps. 

On 4/24/2024 at 1:43 PM, Airborne 82nd said:

Thanks all good ideas. How do you adjust the flow I have not read about that.

There is a lever that controls flow output from minimum to maximum.  One of the things I love about the 07 series.