Moneywort turning to mush

My moneywort is turning to “mush” if you will and idk why. My nitrates sit at 10 ppm constantly and ph is kinda on the harder side of things with 7.6. I put in AC easy tabs + a weekly dose of fertilizer from AC as well. Very odd. Here are some pics, any help will be great! Thanks 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This last picture is the part that broke off of the plant and I left it as a floater, the roots are like basically rotting and I have no clue why 😐

Edited by Whitecloud09

Is this newly planted? Is the tank new? If you bought it from the Coop they might send a replacement. 10ppm nitrate might be a little low for a planted tank, then again I've never had good luck with stem plants so I just don't do them - my ph is close to yours fwiw. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 4:06 PM, MattyM said:

Is this newly planted? Is the tank new? If you bought it from the Coop they might send a replacement. 10ppm nitrate might be a little low for a planted tank, then again I've never had good luck with stem plants so I just don't do them - my ph is close to yours fwiw. 

The plant is new yes, like 3 weeks old, the tank is almost half a year old, cycled and thriving @MattyM, any suggestions?

On 4/16/2024 at 5:15 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

The plant is new yes, like 3 weeks old, the tank is almost half a year old, cycled and thriving @MattyM, any suggestions?

Unfortunately not, I've given up on stem plants and my life is so much better lol

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2024 at 3:06 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Just the topfinn tank starter kit light, ya not the best, might need to get one soon (a good one)

Moneywort is a medium light plant so I don’t think those kit lights are enough to grow it. I see you have gravel right now but if you get a nutrients rich substrate you could try crypts. Also, if this is a new plant it might be melting and then coming back.

• Like 1