Help me diagnose and advise going forward. Suspected Chilodenella, Fluke, Columnaris, Microsporidia.

NikkiRae

Water Parameters

Temp: 78 

PH:8

Hardness:75 GH

Alkalinity: 300

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate:0

Ammonia:0.

I have 4 separate aquariums and have been fighting plague after plague. Tanks are heavily planted, 3 of which have snails which throws a wrench in treatment. No tank is over stocked and I do 25% water changes every week. It all started with an old angel fish that I put in my 55 gallon and did not quarantine. ( I was a naive newbie). He put off so much slime and was deteriorating quickly. I moved him to a quarantine tank and treated with methylene blue, but he died. Next thing I know, the fish that were in the tank looked stressed and sickly. Treated with Tetra Life guard and everything started to get better. Tank is healthy again. Then I got some glow light and black phantom Tetra's. Quarantined for a week and pre treated with life guard. Everything seemed fine. Put some in the 55 gallon and some in my 20 gallon. Boom, everyone started getting sick again. Then my 15 gallon with my honey gouramis started turning black and were lethargic along with my 10 gallon housing my lone betta fish. Meanwhile..... during this entire time, I have a 10 gallon with a couple black molly's and they have never gotten sick at all. I was thinking that I did not sanitize my aquarium tools good enough (vacuum and algae scraper). I spray everything with hydrogen peroxide between maintenance of each aquarium. But how can that be if my Mollies have never gotten sick. Any way, my first death after the angel was a glowlight tetra and I decided to get a microscope and do a skin scraping, had no idea what I was looking at. Treated everyone with general cure and there has been improvement, but not 100%. These are from the glow light scraping labled with what I think I am looking at.image.png.372625956f43227e30f2058123afb7e3.png

image.png.0579df473b594fc761dca0c3733b304f.png

Here are the current original  fish of the story that I am concerned about. image.png.6e4a41c891b4283e6e1b6349ce361e47.pngimage.png.3d0c73778bd70359ec470b85a6bc423b.png

image.png.866879b6773871ec16296c4ceb42363b.pngimage.png.84852e6a855fdd3c11bf11d96e950be2.pngThen I got 6 Oto's mail order and kept them in quarantine. They looked really sick except 1. These are pictures of the fish and their sarin scrapings. Are my diagnosis correct? and what should I do. I am getting close to just standing back and see what happens. HELP!!

Oto.jpg

Microsporidia? Oto scraping.jpg

What the Flucke?.jpg

Chilodenella? Oto scraping.jpg

Parameters.jpg

Skinny survivor.jpg

image.png

image.png

First your angelfish could had over production of the slime coat that can be caused poor water quality a parasitc infection such as flukes. If it were flukes you would want to treat with prazipro every two weeks for 4 full courses of  treatment so you would treat on week 1 week 3 week 5 week 7. You can also get the symptoms you described  with Grey patches on your angelfish with chilodonella and costia. he's a picture for comparison. for that you would want to treat with malachite green and formalin active ingredient in ick X. gills red Gills on your Tetra's can be caused by ammonia burn cholrine or  Gill flukes. your Otto looks like they had a bacterial infections could be columnaris that's a gram negative bacterial infection that spreads more quickly at temperatures over 75 and can kill in 24hr to 7 days depending on the stain. the most effective treatment I have found is a combination of kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone following this treatment plan. The other dead otto in the bag that could be postmortem changes depending on how long its been dead in your first microscope slide. am not sure that's microsporidia in your second slide it looks like fish  waste he's a picture of Gill flukes for comparison if it's moving it could be fluke's it looks like fish waste to me the third slide could by chilodonella am not sure. @NikkiRae

1000000349.png

1000000030.png

Screenshot_20240415-120016~2.png

That is exactly what the angel fish looked like. I have used the fizz tabs, kanaplex, general cure, tetra life guard, paraguard, maracyn. Not all at once of course but if things don't start to look better soon, I will give your method a try. I keep the water quality top tier. I just realized that I may have introduced infection through plants which would explain why my mollie tank has not gotten sick because they didn't get new plants. Thank goodness I was part enough to quarantine the Otocinclus (and every new fish) after the angel fish situation. Thank you for the second opinion on my slides. I am going to give it a week and see what happens before medicating any of my other fishy's.

Thank you 🙂 

• Like 1

That is exactly what the angel fish looked like. I have used the fizz tabs, kanaplex, general cure, tetra life guard, paraguard, maracyn. Not all at once of course but if things don't start to look better soon, I will give your method a try. I keep the water quality top tier. I just realized that I may have introduced infection through plants which would explain why my mollie tank has not gotten sick because they didn't get new plants. Thank goodness I was part enough to quarantine the Otocinclus (and every new fish) after the angel fish situation. Thank you for the second opinion on my slides. I am going to give it a week and see what happens before medicating any of my other fishy's.

Thank you 🙂