When your algae is pearling...

Besides the look, there’s really nothing wrong with algae.  LRB aquatics uses algae in his tanks. Have heard Bentley Pascoe was thinking about using black beard in an aqua scape. Iv’e seen black beard in some of Cory’s tanks. It honestly doesn’t have to be a big deal. Adding siamese algae eaters or Florida flag fish will help. Some people get really into having well manicured display tanks. Which is great. But that’s a whole other rabbit hole some people go down. Most average people just want healthy fish. Heck, most average keepers are quite content with colorful gravel and plastic plants for that matter. It really is in the eye of the beholder. 

• Like 2

On 4/2/2024 at 8:54 PM, Tony s said:

Besides the look, there’s really nothing wrong with algae.  LRB aquatics uses algae in his tanks. Have heard Bentley Pascoe was thinking about using black beard in an aqua scape. Iv’e seen black beard in some of Cory’s tanks. It honestly doesn’t have to be a big deal. Adding siamese algae eaters or Florida flag fish will help. Some people get really into having well manicured display tanks. Which is great. But that’s a whole other rabbit hole some people go down. Most average people just want healthy fish. Heck, most average keepers are quite content with colorful gravel and plastic plants for that matter. It really is in the eye of the beholder. 

This is a 6 gallon half-moon tank with just a betta and snails. Nothing else can really go in here unless i threw in some cull neocaridina shrimp or 1 oto temporarily but I prefer to handle what's causing the algae instead. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 12:39 AM, Cinnebuns said:

prefer to handle what's causing the algae instead. 

Of course you would 😀. Most people would. But… if you look closely, it does have a kind of beauty to it too. Yours looks very alive and healthy 😀. It’s all relative. 🤣

I think this is kinda cool in a different kind of way 

• Like 2