Hello again

Hi everyone! For the last couple years I've been living in a rental and so haven't really done too much with my tank. That also involved a big move, where I actually lost a number of fish; afterwards I decided not to replace too many of them until I was settled permanently. 

Well, we finally got our own place again, and so I decided that it's time to rescape the tank and get some new fish. And I may have even convinced my wife that we need a second tank!

• Love 2

On 4/2/2024 at 9:26 AM, SeverumKeeper said:

Hi everyone! For the last couple years I've been living in a rental and so haven't really done too much with my tank. That also involved a big move, where I actually lost a number of fish; afterwards I decided not to replace too many of them until I was settled permanently. 

Well, we finally got our own place again, and so I decided that it's time to rescape the tank and get some new fish. And I may have even convinced my wife that we need a second tank!

Welcome to the forum and glad you are back in it and settled, I have seen you around a bit but here to say 👋 hi!

Posted (edited)
On 4/2/2024 at 4:26 PM, clownbaby said:

I hope your tank(s... hopefully 😉) turn out amazing!!!

So... funny story there...

I told my wife about Petco's 50% off sale on tanks. Showed her where a 20 High would fit nicely on my office desk. Then today we're looking for something to do with the kids. I tell her, let's hit the open air mall; take the kids to the splash pads; hit up Petco on the way out.

We go to Petco; I pick out a tank; she points out a decoration that would go well in the middle of the new tank with the aquascape I have planned. I prepare to leave. She asks: "is there anywhere in the older girl's room where we can set up the 5.5 gallon we have in the garage?".

Well. Of course there is!

And so, we will be setting up not just one new tank tonight, but two. My 20 gallon pea puffer tank, and a 5.5  gallon beta tank for my wife - er, I mean, daughter.*

*Since the kid is only 2, even though there are definitely places in her room where a 5.5 gallon could go, it sounds like it's going on my wife's desk for now... 😏

Edited by SeverumKeeper
  • Haha 3