Ph risis twice in a week

I have neocardian in a 6 gallon aquarium but only filled 4 gallons for now, I keep a low light maybe 10 hrs a day it dose get sun for a like 2 hrs a day  it has hornewort with java moss which are not fully grown yet . I've had the old tank setup over a month before I transfered it over and I've tested the water with api test kits . I have monapi wood with one cholla wood and Indian captta leaves with are from sungrown and very tiny so probably 3 to 4 per gallon right now.  I added leaf green fert on sun and bactra ae on Wed and noticed on during the week the ph went up to 8 which is usually around 6ish. I've not don't a water change since the new tank which has been up for a week now .my tank is very brown so I know tannis are being released .

10 neocaridina shrimp in 4gallon 

Ph around orange 6ish 

Gh around 8 drops or 143.2 ppm

Kh 6 or 107.4 ppm

Ammonia 0

Nitrates 0

Nitrites 0

I've added alage wafer 2 days ago and I'm not sure if it's causing ph to rise or if the fert plus bacteria but I read that a bloom dose not increase ph. I'm not sure why it rises . I hope that's enough info 

Got any sort of rock in the tank? 

That first thing I’d do is test your water out of the tap then let some sit for a day or two In a bucket or something and test it again ph can change dramatically after it comes out of the tap so that can give you a baseline 

Your new tank may just be trying to find balance. 

The driftwood and leaves could cause a downwards PH shift, but in natural bodies of water the PH also shifts as plants take in/put out CO2 and Oxygen. As long as everything seems healthy I wouldn't sweat it too much. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So I have gravel and sponge filter and my tap ph is purple 8 and my gh is high high like a 12 all from tap. 

The last time I ordered 10 neocaridina shrimp from the shrimp farm and they were dying daily and the company said it was the ph and gh probably. I Had one successful molt and one death that could not break out of it.  I feed a variety of food including blood worms 

I also bought distlled water but not used it yet. I have pregnant shrimp and hope this batch will survive 

Edited by lighting13
Update

Posted (edited)

It has slated rock but i read it dose not affect water chemistry . I can't get the photo to go upright even after Turing it downwards. 

I really want to understand ph fluctuations and I only added food to tank not anything else not even water change 

20240328_193831.jpg

Edited by lighting13