Cotton-like fuzz on kerri and black tetras

Please help me cure this fuzzy, cottony growth which has stricken my kerri and black tetras( which I thought were very hardy!)

I spotted a random white dot on one fish

What is this disease/parasite called?

In the same tank are red/black phantom tetras and glowlight tetras...which seem to be unaffected, so far.

The 55 gallon tank has typical fairly neutral, hard water with plants. Temp is 75-77.

I am currently dosing Ick-X daily. Is this the best treatment for this condition?

What can I do to knock out this odd disease quickly? thanks in advancesickfishmarch24.jpg.394007e4c5527f1648ecedac1ecfa25f.jpg

Edited by Ohio FishPlant Dude

What are your water parameters ammonia nitrite nitrate that looks like there  shedding the slime coat coming that can be caused by poor water quality parasitc or bacterial infection do you use a water dechlorinator like prime when doing water changes @Ohio FishPlant Dude

Posted (edited)

I use Prime with every partial water change. Water tests come out normal.

My tank is heavily planted, I can't remove the fish and treat with salt, I have to treat the whole tank with care not to harm the plants.

Should I continue with Ick X, or is there another common med that is best to use?

Edited by Ohio FishPlant Dude