My tank and shrimp compatible

face

I was just wondering if shrimp are a possibility in my tank I’m not married to the idea so if not it’s fine 

the tank: ph 6.4 kh 0 gh 5 or 6  I have a decent amount of salt in my water from the tap around 100 or so ppm to the fish are honey gourami lamp eye killifish a baliverne ram and a bristlenose pleco there’s lots of options out there so I just want to get some options 

IMG_1342.jpeg.d7a2a7e47bb7d07940dc85af9271a0a7.jpeg

Anything is possible, but it really depends on what your goals are, in my opinion.  

With your parameters, I would really look at Caridina vs. Neocaridina. Again, anything is possible. Based on my parameters alone, I should be keeping Caridina. However, I’ve only kept Neo’s and they’ve done really well for me. I too have a lower pH and little to no buffer. 

I would also take a look at shrimps ability to handle salt. Someone smarter or more experience with shrimp and salt will have to chime in as I’ve never experimented with that situation, but off the top of my head I would look into it before purchasing anything. 

If you wanna just have a couple of shrimp, go for it. But understand that they hide a lot, and in a big tank like that you may never or hardly ever see them. If your goal is to create a colony of shrimp I think that would be difficult based on your stocking, and not starting with the shrimp first to allow the numbers to really crank up before the shrimplets become snacks. 

Maybe some Amanos would do better for you as they get much bigger. Again, really depends on what you’re hoping to get out of them. 

Edited by AllFishNoBrakes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If that’s the water from your tap, it’s excellent for crystal shrimp. Caradina. Unfortunately the Bolivian ram is going to see them as food. If not eating them whole, then probably bit by bit. The honey gourami is small enough to eat your shrimplets. 

• Thanks 1